About the Role
Would you like to build your investment experience in one of the fastest growing ESG asset classes? We're looking for someone to join our investment team as a key part of our journey to revolutionise the journey to electric vehicles.
What you’ll do
You’ll be working with the Investments team to source, structure, transact and manage zero-emission transport investments; leveraging your skills and passion alongside our supportive team and patent-pending financial technology
What you’ll need to have
- 1-2 years experience in an investment role
- Be proficient in excel
- Knowledge of financial modelling for private investments
- Experience analysing financial statements
- Understand asset tranching
- Be able to calculate IRRs
- Experience of cash flow modelling
- Be able to write investment papers
- Some level of investment research experience
- Be a good communicator
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to have ideas/problem solver
- Be highly analytical
- Good organisational skills
- Interested in working in ESG
What would also be helpful
- Level 1 CFA
- IMC levels 1&2
- Coding languages - Python, VBA, R
- Understand discounted cash flows
- Knowledge of statistical methods
- Knowledge of credit rating methods
- Power BI experience
- Have created financial models using excel or other coding languages
- Knowledge of the transportation and automotive industries
- Knowledge of vehicle finance
- Knowledge of investing in real cleantech assets, e.g solar and wind
- An interest in electric vehicles, cleantech and sustainability
You should apply if you're someone who is:
- Happy to work on an end to end origination process, working with lenders and borrowers
- Are open to new ways of thinking and transforming an antiquated industry
- Wanting to work with a close knit, diverse group of people in order to drive the business forward
- Having confidence in owning and running financial deal models
- Wishing to learn how to write and hold discussions on legal documents
- Able to be pragmatic in discussions with lenders and borrowers, trying to find the best outcome for both
- A problem solver, and can use their imagination and industry knowledge to find solutions
- Prepared to work in a fast paced environment and be willing to adapt and take on responsibility
- Willing to work flexible hours 1-2 times a week e.g. 12:00-20:00 hours, to align with our colleagues in the US
- Wanting to bring their own unique experience to improve the companies overall skillset
- Wishing to learn about the unique form of patent-pending finance that Zeti has developed, and the ZERO platform that delivers it
This might not be for you if:
- You struggle in a rapidly changing environment and desire stability
- You aren’t interested in learning about the specific domain that Zeti operates in
What to expect from the interview process:
- Initial Digital Interview (30 minutes Digital) - This is a chat to ensure that you fit into Zeti as a whole and that you have the relevant skills/experience for the role. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask questions about what Zeti does and what the role is.
- Modelling task - You will be given a take-home modelling challenge which will be reviewed by the Investment team and subsequently discussed in the final interviews.
- Final Interviews (~2 Hours preferred in-person) - Team Fit and CEO. These interviews focus on how you integrate with the people you will be working with every day as well as more senior people in the business.
Zeti is revolutionising transport finance for good. We are accelerating the transition to zero emission transport to combat the climate crisis by enabling a very flexible and efficient financing model, pay-per-mile. Since being founded in May 2020 we have:
- Secured and managed £16m of vehicle funding, with demand for much, much more
- £150m pipeline of financing demand with £300m of potential funding
- Financed over 280 electric vehicles, including 100 Teslas on the streets of London with the Mayor of London’s fund
- Received investment from an established US West-Coast cleantech VC as well as established Angel investors from the FinTech, Mobility and Automotive sectors
- Graduated the Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab
- Won the Los Angeles New Mobility challenge
- Launched our second office in Los Angeles
- Helped prevent over 3 million kilos of carbon dioxide and 10,000 kilos of NOx being emitted from vehicles
Diversity and inclusion
We truly value improving the diversity of our team, both because diversity of thought so obviously improves the performance of a team and because it is simply the right thing to do.
In our view, the best way to create a successful community within Zeti is to build an environment where you do not feel like you have to code-switch; where you can be the best version of yourself in order to thrive at Zeti.
We recognise that success within Zeti comes in a space where everyone’s voice is deeply valued. Open communication, innovation and collaboration are the foundations on which we believe Zeti will thrive and is why we proudly adopt a flat-hierarchy management structure within the team.
We particularly welcome applications from women and black and minority-ethnic candidates as they are under-represented in finance and tech at this time.
Zeti is a disability confident employer, which means that we currently employ disabled people and we support disabled applicants above and beyond minimum legislations.
If you aren’t sure if you’re suitable for a role, or have any questions about the accessibility of a role, please get in touch.
ZERO is Zeti’s proprietary patent-pending digital platform. It is deployed in the cloud and is responsible for tracking the mileage, position and vital EV statistics of thousands of vehicles from embedded IoT devices and automatically billing the fleet operators for their usage. It also gives the financiers of those vehicles a simple to use, real time dashboard to monitor their investments. Its goal is to entirely automate the deployment of institutional capital into zero emission vehicles to drive sustainability.
London based with flexible home working
- Share Option scheme available
- Pension scheme available
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Very flexible home working
- Regular social events
- Further benefits are to be confirmed
CV and covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org