About the Role
Would you like to use your UX Design skills to help solve the climate crisis by developing groundbreaking financial technology? We're looking for someone to lead our front-end UX design and development as we build out our cutting-edge ZERO platform in our journey to revolutionise transport finance for good.
What you’ll do
- Lead our UX and other design efforts for the ZERO platform and Zeti more broadly
- Work in a cross functional team with developers, actively helping them to integrate your designs into code. All of our frontends are currently on the React - Typescript - Material UI stack.
- Further our understanding of our customers through user research sessions
- Collaborate constantly with a variety of people across the business, but focused initially on software developers and operations
- Create polished user experiences that are accessible and easy-to-use
- Push development to raise the bar in terms of the software delivered and how well it works for our customers
- Be helpful to colleagues across the business when they need design support for things outside of the immediate world of software
What you might work on
Investor Portal - a complex, React-based financial reporting and administration portal, which shows investors how their clean vehicle investments are doing.
Asset Operator Portal - a very similar stack which enables fleet operators to manage their financed fleets of vehicles and see how their finance agreement is going.
Internal Portal - This allows Zeti employees (generally Operations) to manage every aspect of finance through the platform.
Public website - This is a Gatsby-based static site, with dynamic components that read live vehicle locations and carbon and nox savings.
You should apply if:
- You want to help solve the climate crisis
- You’ve got good experience in designing complex products, particularly financial ones
- You’re passionate about accessibility and eager to push for the highest levels of accessibility in all of our products
- You’re comfortable with web technologies, both on mobile and with maximising the extra space available in a desktop experience
- You are capable of basic work in React to help existing developers integrate your designs
This might not be for you if:
- You need strong direction - you will be the first design hire and so will need to set the agenda
- You haven’t worked with software developers directly before in a collaborative, agile environment
- You struggle in a rapidly changing environment and desire stability
- You aren’t interested in learning about the specific domain that Zeti operates in
What to expect from the interview process:
- Initial Digital Interview (30 minutes Digital) - This is a chat to ensure that you fit into Zeti as a whole and that you have the relevant skills/experience for the role. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask questions about what Zeti does and what the role is.
- Design Project Review (45 minutes Digital) - You will be given a take-home branding document (not Zeti’s) with a customer persona and asked to design a user journey through part of the hypothetical product. This review is then to go over your submission together and discuss what decisions you have made.
- Final Interviews (~2 Hours preferred in-person) - Team Fit and CEO. These interviews focus on how you integrate with the people you will be working with every day as well as more senior people in the business.
Zeti is revolutionising transport finance for good. We are accelerating the transition to zero emission transport to combat the climate crisis by enabling a very flexible and efficient financing model, pay-per-mile. Since being founded in April 2020 we have:
- Helped prevent over 3 million kilos of carbon dioxide being emitted from vehicles
- Secured and managed £16m of vehicle funding
- Financed 100 Teslas on the streets of London with the Mayor of London’s fund
- Won the LA New Mobility challenge
- Graduated the Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab
- Secured backing of significant Angel investors in an early seed round
- Recently secured late-seed funding with notable West-Coast VC fund
The existing team needs good quality UX design leadership, but is quite capable of developing the mechanics of React applications themselves, hence the emphasis on the UX design skillset.
Diversity and inclusion
We truly value improving the diversity of our team, both because diversity of thought so obviously improves the performance of a team and because it is simply the right thing to do.
In our view, the best way to create a successful community within Zeti is to build an environment where you do not feel like you have to code-switch; where you can be the best version of yourself in order to thrive at Zeti.
We recognise that success within Zeti comes in a space where everyone’s voice is deeply valued. Open communication, innovation and collaboration are the foundations on which we believe Zeti will thrive and is why we proudly adopt a flat-hierarchy management structure within the team.
We particularly welcome applications from women and black and minority-ethnic candidates as they are under-represented in finance and tech at this time.
Zeti is a disability confident employer, which means that we currently employ disabled people and we support disabled applicants above and beyond minimum legislations.
If you aren’t sure if you’re suitable for a role, or have any questions about the accessibility of a role, please get in touch.
Zeti’s ZERO platform is deployed to Azure and is responsible for tracking the mileage, position and vital EV statistics of thousands of vehicles from embedded IoT devices and automatically billing the fleet operators for their usage. It also gives the funders of those vehicles a simple to use, real time dashboard to monitor their investments. Its goal is to entirely automate the deployment of institutional capital into zero emission vehicles to drive sustainability.
- Share Option scheme available
- Pension scheme available
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Very flexible home working
- Regular social events
- Further benefits are to be confirmed